Hello and welcome ....

....to some pictures and a little text in which we follow the activities of a barely competent gardener as he struggles to wrench back control of his patch from the forces of Mother Nature's feral twin sister.

Sunday 16 January 2011

Seed heads

If I was a proper gardener I'd know what this is. But I'm not and I don't. It has chocolate brown cordate leaves and the flowers are a bit like dandylions, a real orangey yellow. It was expensive when I bought it and it has the look of something tropical. It sits among the euphorbias and the michelmas daisies looking like it doesn't quite belong with them, as if it has wandered into the wrong party by accident.

9 comments:

  1. Could be a wonderful Bloomday (http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/2011/01/garden-bloggers-bloom-day-january-2011.html) post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you can photo something that most would overlook-I love this photo, and the clematis knot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful.
    How about sharing some of your photography details?
    What type of camera/lenses do you use?
    Do you process your images with software like Photoshop?
    Your shots are lovely.
    By the way, how far north is way up north in the United Kingdom? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One blow and the seeds will be flying with the wind...beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the moment, it looks like a weed head. An incredibly stunning weed head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tones and DoF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi-I just wandered over from Chiot's Run and have to say-you have some BEAUTIFUL photos. You are very good with a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely image, look forward to seeing it in flower, when I almost certainly still won't know what it is!

    ReplyDelete