Hello and welcome ....

....to some pictures and a little text in which we follow the activities of a barely competent gardener as he struggles to wrench back control of his patch from the forces of Mother Nature's feral twin sister.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Nandina


Nandina domestica or sacred bamboo although I gather tha it is not a bamboo at all but a barberry. Thanks to Wikipedia for that, and also that it is poisonous and that it is on some sort of government death list in Florida. I might get some more of these - it is always pretty and remarkably delicate looking, considering how tough it is.

Yesterday I cut back my Clematis montana. I also had a good go at taking my finger off with the secateurs.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! Your poor finger! I love Nandina domestica though somehow have yet to find a place for one in my own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment on my blog, glad you like the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about my clematis montana today. It is so overgrown and messy, I don't know what to do with it! I think I need to take my secateurs and start somewhere. I'll try to be carefull... Hope your finger is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how deadly things often look irresistibly adorable.

    ReplyDelete