Hello and welcome ....

....to some pictures and a little text in which we follow the activities of a barely competent gardener as he struggles to wrench back control of his patch from the forces of Mother Nature's feral twin sister.

Friday 14 January 2011

Mr Fish

I'm not a big fan of most sculpture that I see in the shops and garden centres. I do not have any resin angels or gnomes showing their arses or wall mounted plastic butterflies. But when we go on holiday we traditionally bring back a small thing to sit in the garden. I usually tuck these away under plants or in corners so they just peek out. Some of them are only visible in winter when things have been cut back. This is the case with Mr Fish, who I think came from Lekeitio in Northern Spain and who resides underneath a particularly leggy thyme in the herb garden.

8 comments:

  1. You take wonderful photos! There must be something I can learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great photos on your blog! I particularly like Mr. Fish here peeking through the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Fish is wonderful! He is a nice reminder of a pleasant journey for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's trying to swim over to the fennel...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Fish is a real looker. I do like him a lot. No gnomes in my garden either, despite what I post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you completely. Subtlety is so underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had two hand made snales made for me for christmas out of clay and potash from my plot. Quite a thoughtful gift. Look up 'presents' or 'christmas' label on my blog and scroll down. Another feature I am yet to put in is an old cast iron tap which I will hang over a metal bucket and plant something in.

    All the best, Craig over at Dykes Edge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you, I don't like most garden art either. It just looks like junk in my eyes. But I love your Mr. Fish!! Great choice!

    Amy (from Get Busy Gardening!)

    ReplyDelete