Hello and welcome ....

....to some pictures and a little text in which we follow the activities of a barely competent gardener as he struggles to wrench back control of his patch from the forces of Mother Nature's feral twin sister.

Sunday 2 January 2011

Hydrangea


Leave a good looking corpse. Even when I'm not negelecting the garden I tend to not cut the hydrangeas back after they have flowered, because I think they look great in winter.

The plan for today is to get rid of the biggest of the self seeded sycamores - it has been there several years and the base of the trunk is about six inches thick. I have cut it back every year but never tried to dig it out before.

Later .... well it came out - but it took a couple of hours and I had to dig round it to a depth of nearly three feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment