Hello and welcome ....

....to some pictures and a little text in which we follow the activities of a barely competent gardener as he struggles to wrench back control of his patch from the forces of Mother Nature's feral twin sister.

Thursday 20 January 2011

Dicksonia

Let's be honest, this isn't the most exciting picture ever taken. But the weather's been cold and I've been busy and I wanted to try to keep it going at a picture a day. So this is one of my three dicksonias growing in the fern garden. It's been there a few years now but I worry about it every spring. I cover it up in the winter and I just took the wrapping off to have a quick peek and it seems to be okay, there are little furry curly bits in the top waiting to unfurl. I'll get out in the garden tomorrow for some proper pictures.

1 comment:

  1. A hint of green feeds the soul ... doesn't take much this time of year!

    ReplyDelete