Hello and welcome ....

....to some pictures and a little text in which we follow the activities of a barely competent gardener as he struggles to wrench back control of his patch from the forces of Mother Nature's feral twin sister.

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Rose Hips


More signs of neglect - this particularly ugly rose has managed to entangle itself with the supports for my clematis. Now clematis I like - I have a lot of them - but roses I can live without. I think drastic action may be called for. Job for the next day or two is just general tidying up - including moving the deep coating of leaf mould so that I can see where the paths end and the borders begin.

2 comments:

  1. Those roses seem to have a habit of reaching into the most obscure spots - if only they were not such prickly customers! A great photo.

    ReplyDelete